- The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra dismissed longtime flutist Emily Skala after controversial social media posts by her on COVID-19 and the 2020 election.
- On "Intelligence Matters," host Michael Morell talks ransomware with Levin, a thought leader on cryptocurrencies and chief strategy officer at a top anti-money laundering firm.
- President Biden is calling on New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to resign after a new report found he sexually harassed multiple women. As CBS News' Jericka Duncan reports, the independent probe was conducted by the state attorney general's office. Cuomo maintains he did not touch anyone inappropriately and denies the allegations. Then, Jessica Levinson, a […]
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is proposing it under the Endangered Species Act. One study shows their colonies could be on brink of extinction by 2100.
- Voters in Ohio are heading to the polls to cast their ballots in a pair of special election primaries Tuesday. The top contenders in the Democratic primary in the state's 11th Congressional District are Nina Turner and Shontel Brown. In the heavily-Republican 15th Congressional District, coal lobbyist Mike Carey has the backing from former President […]
- The extent of the injuries and the cause of the collapse weren't known. The museum reopened after an overnight closure.
- As the White House prepares to roll out another moratorium on evictions, billions of dollars of federal rental assistance funds remain unspent. Shamus Roller, executive director of the National Housing Law Project, joins CBSN's "Red & Blue" anchor Elaine Quijano to discuss some of the challenges that are delaying the dispersal of federal aid to […]
- Charlotte Bennett, one of nearly a dozen women to accuse New York Governor Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment, spoke to "CBS Evening News" anchor and managing editor Norah O'Donnell about her reaction to the results of the sexual harassment probe. Watch more of her remarks here.
- Andrew Cuomo investigation reveals New York governor sexually harassed multiple women; Simone Biles makes remarkable Olympics comeback
- President Biden called on governors to help fight the surge of coronavirus cases or "please get out of the way." As the administration pushes to get more people vaccinated, CBS News' Nikki Battiste reports on a new policy NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio hopes will convince people to roll up their sleeves. Then, Dr. Ali […]
Apa yang harus dilakukan jika Anda tidak dapat membayar utang-utang Anda ?
Palmer yang tinggal di Amrik mengatakan untuk memanggil pemberi pinjaman Anda segera dan menggunakan “kata-kata ajaib” banyak perwakilan Layanan Pelanggan yang dilatih untuk mendengarkan, “jika Anda mengatakan Anda telah sakit, atau bahwa Anda telah kehilangan pekerjaan, atau menghadapi kesulitan lainnya-mereka benar mendengarkan mendengar Anda mengatakan Anda telah dipengaruhi oleh pandemi, khususnya dengan kesehatan atau kehilangan pekerjaan.” Beberapa pemberi pinjaman adalah membiarkan orang mengesampingkan pembayaran selama tiga bulan dan menggonggong itu pada akhir hipotek mereka, sementara yang lain mengatakan orang yang mereka harus membayar penuh ketika tiga bulan ke atas. Tidak peduli apa, Palmer mengatakan, “Anda harus menjadi orang pertama yang mengambil langkah pertama dan membuat panggilan itu.”
What to do if you can’t pay your mortgage
Palmer says to call your lender right away and use the “magic words” many customer service representatives are trained to listen for, “if you say you have been sick, or that you’ve lost work, or are facing other hardships – they are actually listening to hear you say you have been impacted by the pandemic, specifically with health or job loss.” Some lenders are letting people waive payments for three months and tacking it on to the end of their mortgage, while others are telling people they have to pay in full when the three months are up. No matter what, Palmer says, “you have to be the first one to take that first step and make that call.”